CHANGE THE WAY YOU FIFO
Join The FIFO Wellness team and an array of special guests to revolutionise your health and wellness and the way that you "show up" in your work, family, relationships, friendships and overall life.
DATES: 4:00pm Saturday 22nd - 11:00am Saturday 29th SEPTEMBER 2018
(times are in Bali time)
*** EARLY BIRD BOOKING SPECIALS NOW AVAILABLE UNTIL 31st MAY 2018***
Are you a FIFO worker ready to make a positive change to your health, improve your FIFO life and benefit your family?
FIFO can take a huge toll on our health, relationships, family and lives.
If you are a FIFO worker and are interested in improving your overall health to support yourself and your family, this is an opportunity for you.
At FIFO Wellness, we want to mitigate all these unnecessary stressors and encourage the body to heal itself through rigorously tested techniques from Steve Hord himself and Alicia Vella whom make up the FIFO Wellness Team.
This is a relaxing and rejuvenating health retreat designed by wellness facilitators that have experience working a FIFO lifestyle to support you in creating lifelong changes to your health. It's time.
This event is designed by wellness facilitators with an extensive experience in wellness specially nutrition, physical fitness and mental health with a background also in FIFO.
We decided that the best way to share all our trials and tribulations was through a 7 day wellness retreat for men and women in the FIFO industry. Techniques included in this one of a kind retreat range from nutritional mindset and implementation, appropriate supplementation, restful sleep, real human movement, mindfulness and energy healings. Yes, Steve and Alicia are also trained energy medicine practitioners who highly value the importance of doing the inner work too!
We are inviting 12 FIFO workers who are ready to transform their lives, improve their relationships and enhance their health.
Expressions of interest are now OPEN!!!
If you would like to be one of the 12 participants, register to find out more by reading and entering your details at the bottom of this page.
Yours in wellness,
Steve, Alicia and the team at FIFO Wellness.
ABOUT STEVE HORD - LEAD FACILITATOR
Steve is a published author of the popular book 'FIFO There's a Healthier Way' and will be the lead facilitator for this invaluable and life changing event.
Steve has dedicated his life to improving his own and others health holistically. He is an accomplished wellness coach, published author and spent over a decade as an EEHA Electrician, working in FIFO mining environments.
He understands FIFO Workers like no other because he is one.
ABOUT ALICIA VELLA - FIFO WELLNESS EVENT FACILITATOR
Alicia has a background in kinesiology and wholistic counselling with event management experience in the running of health events from workshops to an expo, from classes to international retreats.
With over 3 years of FIFO experience as an office administrator in Perth and Barrow Island, Alicia is able to greater relate to the unique working lifestyle of participants and the challenges involved.
Alicia has co-facilitated wellness related events for rural FIFO workers on site and also corporate and construction workers in major cities around Australia including Sydney and Perth.
HOW THE FIFO WELLNESS RETREATS WERE CREATED
Steve and Alicia (now life partners) originally met on site at Barrow Island WA at the construction of a LNG plant. Alicia was facilitating a relaxation wellness workshop for the construction workers and Steve attended the workshop at the time that he had just published his book 'FIFO - There's a Healthier Way.'
Steve and Alicia started to co-facilitate workshops to support FIFO workers with their wellness, specifically a focus on nutrition and mindset. They shared a vision to facilitate wellness related retreats for FIFO workers to learn how to lead a healthier life and improve their family's wellbeing. Within four years this vision has become a reality with the launch of their first retreat this September in Bali, Indonesia!
8 Top Benefits of Attending this Retreat
1. BE WELL - Learn how to eat well, move well, sleep well, relax well and BE WELL through the interactive workshops with our facilitator leaders that KNOW health and KNOW FIFO.
2. IMPROVE YOUR HEALTH - Improve your overall mental, emotional, nutritional and structural health through a vast array of interactive workshops
3. ENHANCE COMMUNICATION SKILLS - Improve the way your communicate to strengthen your relationships, your family connections and interactions with the world through our communication activities
4. REDUCE STRESS LEVELS - Learn how to have a relaxed mindset to reduce stress levels through our mindfulness and relaxation activities and by being in a pristine eco village environment in nature
6. BUILD COMMUNITY - Strengthen your FIFO connections and network by building community with like-minded people in a similar lifestyle experience to you
7. LEARN LIFESTYLE DESIGN - Be equipped with life long techniques and lifestyle design elements for you and the whole family for the rest of your life
8. A HEALTHIER RNR - Choose a rejuvenating and healthier alternative to an RnR through the luxury environment, health and wellness focussed activities and a nutritional protocol to rejuvenate you from a cellular perspective
9. GET TO KNOW YOURSELF - Access greater understanding of yourself and how to navigate through stressful situations through our workshops and team building activities and by simply creating more time for self during the retreat in our free time
10. SERVE YOUR FAMILY - Learn how to best serve your family by serving yourself and making sure that you are well to be the best you can be so you can share the best version of yourself with your family, your team and your community
Techniques shared that you can take back to site and to your families at home include:
- Nutritional mindset and implementation
- Real human movement
- Appropriate supplementation
- Restful sleep
- Self awareness, self esteem and self confidence
- The power of Ceremony and Energy Healings
In addition to interactive learnings with nutrition, mindset, physical fitness and self awareness during specialised workshops, there will also be included activities in the retreat package including:
- Nutritional Cooking Classes
- Stretch / Yoga classes
- Remedial massages
- Martial Arts
- Traditional Balinese culture and ceremony
- Cultural exploration with visiting temples and local markets
- Organic garden tour
- Balinese Welcome Ceremony and Dinner
- Two 1 hour Balinese massages
- Use of all the onsite health and well-being facilities including salt water pool and yoga shala
WHO THIS EVENT IS FOR:
This event is for any FIFO worker, non-gender specific, that is ready to make positive changes to their health whilst re-establishing their connection to nature. Did we mention this retreat is located in an eco village at Ubud, Bali!
The delicious and nutritional menu is specially design by Steve and Alicia in conjunction with Head Chefs at the retreat venue. This menu is strictly free of gluten, dairy, processed ingredients and refined sugars.
All meals are made from fresh and organic veggies from the retreat garden with a focus on achieving the right balance of nutrition and deliciousness. Most meals will also include organic and grass-fed meats sourced from the ONLY organic and grass-fed local butcher in Bali! Wow, yes we love to go above and beyond for you guys!
The venue will be providing us with triple-filtered, pure alkaline water free of charge. Pure, clean water is an essential component to overall health and wellness. Another win!
The massages & treatments available at Swasti are intimately related to nature and all products used are 100% organic. Most of them are from the venue's organic garden! Two rejuvenating massages are offered to all retreat guests with additional treatments available for purchase during the retreat.
There is a salt-cleaned swimming pool with sun-loungers to rejuvenate and enjoy.
We do recommend having a 'digital detox' during your retreat experience though free wi-fi is available to connect in with home.
OTHER SERVICES (AVAILABLE AT ADDITIONAL COSTS):
- Laundry service (ready in 24h)
- Bike and car rental
- International calls
- Room Service
Half of the retreat venue's land is dedicated to growing healthy, organic food. As well as farming food, they also raise sheep and rabbits, which kindly nourish the soil in return.
The retreat is proud of their unique and protected retreat full of natural tranquillity. Set only 200m from the mystical Monkey Forest in Central Ubud, you’ll love every element of Swasti. An organic approach is incorporated throughout the retreat that respects our Earth, prioritises comfort, friendliness and high quality service, whilst always minimising the impact on nature.
SUSTAINABLE BUILDING MATERIALS:
The retreat venue is proud of their uniquely designed houses, which are built using 100% recycled wood from Java. Inspired by carvings created by native Indonesians over 100 years ago, they've rebuilt these designs with updated style and refined details.
ABOUT UBUD, BALI
Ubud, Bali has come into its own with noted chefs, a growing arts scene, ethereal rice paddies and mystical temples.
Ubud is in many ways Bali's cultural heart. It's in the cool mountains, just an hour's drive north of the airport. This traditional country town is home to one of Bali's royal families. You can even visit the majestic palace in the centre of town. Ubud is also well known as a flourishing crafts centre. Around Ubud, there are the surrounding villages of Campuhan, Penestanan, Peliatan and Batuan.
These communities specialise in crafts and woodcarving which are sold all over the island. There are hundreds of shops selling antiques, woodcarvings, crafts, textiles, paintings and jewellery in Ubud. You'll also find some of the best art museums in the country here. Along Ubud's main street are dozens of art studios, an excellent local craft market and galleries.
Read more at: http://www.bali-indonesia.com/ubud
Air - The best place to fly into is Denpasar Airport. It is well connected with international carriers and budget airlines. If you need support in booking your flight and other accomodation before or after the retreat, we can highly recommend Megan Campbell at Escape Travel firstname.lastname@example.org
Taxi - It takes approximately 1.5 hours from the airport to the our Eco Village, and we strongly recommend that you arrange your airport pick-up through the retreat centre as the retreat's driver is familiar with the exact location which cannot be reached directly by car. Our driver charges the same as other airport taxis; 350.000IDR, which is roughly $27.00, subject to current exchange rates. Please arrange by contacting phone: 0361974079 or via email: email@example.com
All prices below are per person in AUD dollars, for single share and to be paid in full to secure your place.
Once we receive your application, we will contact you to advise if you have successfully been accepted to join the retreat experience. We will then send a link to terms and conditions were a direct deposit payment can be made.
*** The early bird incentive is available until 31st May 2018 ***
There are 4 Deluxe Cottages, 4 Deluxe Rooms and 4 Traditional Rooms available. The first bookings that are made will have priority over the most elite rooms - "First in best dressed"!
$2,900 early bird / $3,100 full price
- 7 nights / 8 days accommodation at Swasti Eco Cottages in either a traditional, deluxe or cottage room ('first in best dressed' with the most elite rooms)
- Nutritional breakfasts, lunches and dinners are provided during the duration of the program (Saturday 22nd Sept arrival dinner, Monday 23rd - Friday 28th breakfast, lunch and dinner and Sun 29th farewell breakfast)
- Daily cooking classes
- All workshops run by the retreat including martial arts, yoga, meditation, permaculture and more
- Organic garden tour
- Additional workshops by our team of special guests
- Balinese Welcome Ceremony
- 2 x 1 hour Balinese massages
- Use of all the onsite health and well-being facilities including salt water pool, organic gardens, yoga shala
- Personal travel insurance
- Entry visa
- Return flights
- Transport from airport to retreat venue
- Additional activities including hiking tours, temple passes
- Additional spa and massage treatments
- Additional menu items
- This retreat is suitable for FIFO & DIDO workers who are ready to make positive changes in their health
- Please bring: suitable clothing and shoes for fitness related activities; clothing suitable for a warm climate; swimming gear; toiletries; materials for free time e.g. book/kindle, sun protection e.g. hat, glasses, sunscreen (natural preferred); vitamins and medications; insect repellent (natural preferred)
- We are able to provide you with further info about airlines flying to Bali through our retreat's Travel Consultant.
- Please be sure that you are aware of immigration/visa laws in Bali. Details can be found HERE
- Food prepared will be gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free with organic and free range meats. Please let us know of any food allergies.
- Meals will be served at specific times during the program.
- Rooms and towels will be cleaned during the week.
- Fresh drinking water is provided.
- Participants are encouraged to participate in the whole retreat program.
- Participants are to be FIFO & DIDO workers only.
- Partners are welcome if working in FIFO & DIDO industry only.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 0438 171 941.
KEEN TO APPLY?
To apply to attend this life changing retreat experience for FIFO workers, please complete the form below.
One of team members will be in contact with you shortly to advise you if your application is successful and to take the next step in booking your place.
We look forward to supporting you in revoltunising your life!
Yours in Wellness,
Steve, Alicia and the team at FIFO Wellness